Wednesday, January 25

Cheer Up There!

Now that the holidays are coming to a close, I have the opportunity to put up a mail call for the troops.  I have posted that I have a friend over in Afghanistan.  We go back a bit (almost 10yrs) !  Woo time flies!  Anyway, he is stationed in Kandahar, Afghanistan and through a Facebook chat, we discussed that some of the other folks in his unit could use a cheer up.   I thought about putting out a private mail call, but my friend is on the road often, so he would not be able to distribute anything.  Then I thought, "Why try to reinvent the wheel?"
I occasionally make cards for Operation Write Home and these wonderful folks have been distributing the cards and letters for years.  That's right, they also accept "any Hero" mail.  Therefore, if you have time and are willing, please check out below. 

http://operationwritehome.org/anyhero.html

I hope this finds you and your loved ones safe and happy!
My Best,
-b

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely participate in this! (:
    Oh and check out my blog for a chance to enter in a contest giveaway!
    Writebeforeyoureyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that link, Becky! I hope you get some volunteers!

    ReplyDelete