Sunday, March 31

Make Something Monday - Guest Post the StampTramps

I want to toss the Stamp Tramps a big thank you!  There are some things going on in my life and help was really needed.  Unfortunately I asked last weekend during a craft meet-up so the pictures are a bit scant, but a huge thanks nonetheless!  I am also posting this a bit early, but when life gets crazy, you got to make it work!

Hello!
Here is an easy project for your blog. All your readers need are some black and some white paper.

I started with a piece of white cardstock, 11" x 4 1/4". I folded it in half to make a base
card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". (You could also use black as your base, and write inside with gel pens.) I glued a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" on the front of my card. Cut a piece of white paper slightly smaller and glue it on the front, leaving a tiny black border all around the edge. I cut my keys from black scraps, they measure approx. 3" x 1/2". 



 I printed the "just a note....." on white paper using my computer. If you have great handwriting, you don't need to do that. Cut out your sentiment with scissors, and glue it on a piece of black, slightly larger, so that you have a tiny black border around it.
 I saw this card on Pinterest and totally copied it, so I can't take credit for thinking it up. But it is a perfect card for my main project, Operation Write Home.
We make handmade, blank cards, for deployed troops to write home on.  If any of your crafty readers are interested, they can get a lot of info on the website www.operationwritehome.org or on the Facebook page.

Happy crafting!
Nancy


 P.S. My personal thoughts were to use the black and white base but bright primary colored paper to make a Mondrian effect.  Just a thought!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I'll have to try this as a postcard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice postcard to participate in the challenge #3 of Mail a Smile!
    (http://mailasmile.org/)

    ReplyDelete