Tuesday, March 22

Stamping out drugs?

There was a news item today that struck me funny and sad at the same time.  At a local prison, they figured out how to smuggle drugs into the prison on the back of postage stamps and stickers.  Literally!  They would attach a strip soaked in drugs.  Here's the article. and video.
What made me sad was that these people won't be happy till they revoke the mail privileges of prisoners.  There are folks who did bad things but maybe aren't bad people who probably really need the mail to connect to their children and loved ones.  I'm not advocating for or against prisoner rights, I just always think its sad when a few bad seeds destroy an opportunity for others.  Not to mention, deface the sanctity my glorious mail!
Just a thought,
-b

the new stamps!


No comments:

Post a Comment