Sunday, October 13

Make Something Monday - Post on Selvage


First let us define the word selvage:  "an edge (as of fabric or paper) meant to be cut off and discarded."   And that is what inspired me to try something different this time.
As I was cutting out bats I had all these beautiful abnormal pieces left and while I could have tossed them, I decided to instead glue them down and see what happens. 
Here are a few of my creations.

 
 
I did a few more, but I do not like to get ahead of myself preparing extra envelopes because I want them to be reflective of something specific for the recipient. 
 
I guess the key note to take from these images is do not be afraid to try.  The worst that could have happened is I was unsatisfied with the end results and tossed it all into the recycling.  But actually they are a bit messy, but luckily modern art can be messy and still powerful. 
 
Happy Creating!
-b
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love them! :) I use the old used up sticker sheets, after all the stickers are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my envelope! Also I love the middle one... it looks like a bat!

    ReplyDelete