Wednesday, June 15

Send a Postcard- Make History

Hello all!
I had a good visit with my friend BreezieKay and am back to the grind in PA.  She and I have been good friends for awhile.  I can't believe its been almost 7 years already since we met! 
While visiting, one of the side trips Bree and I made was to the Manitou Spring Cliff Dwellings.  This is a privately owned tourist attraction, founded in the late 1800's.  The dwellings were built by the Anasazi (meaning ancient ones). They were a race of Native Americans that built dwellings into the cliffs but disappeared into history and nobody knows where or why they left.

While there, the gift shop had a little museum display of postcards throughout the the years of operation.   Which I thought was very cool and it made me realize that at this second you and I are making postal history by sending bits of our daily lives into the world.

There are several in the series and a little overlap


Some more pics of the site.

From inside the ruins

It's a mystery why the Anasazi abandoned their homes and where they went, but it's no mystery why we send mail.  It's also no mystery that we are leaving a legacy with every stamp and pen stroke.  So hats off to you all, my fellow mailers!
Keep it going!
-b
over a mile (~2km) above sea level

No comments:

Post a Comment