Monday, May 13

Make Something Monday - the Tricky Fold

Sorry this is a bit late in the day, but I was away this weekend and exhausted.  Today I worked and had to mow as my place was starting to resemble a meadow and I was worried I would find a neighbor grazing cows on my yard!

Anyway, this idea is brought to you by the book I used last week.

It has a few more intriguing ideas left and I find this one to be a very different format compared to the standard card.  You will need a sheet or 2 of 8X11 cardstock (scrapbook paper is fine - medium weight recommended), glue, cutting board and an exacto knife or razor blade.

Start with an 8X11 inch sheet split lengthwise.  In this case I used 2 different types of paper.  The one to the right is folded in half.
 Fold them both in half and center them over each other and then glue in place.  Do the gluing so they are perpendicular to each other and the flaps overlap.
Fold the flaps over each other and place over the edge of your cutting board.  Cut through both together to form a slit on both ends. Slit should be about 1.5 to 2 inches in length.
 Take a piece of cardstock 5X2 inches and slide it through both slits. This closes the card so that it cannot be opened unless it is removed.
 Do not forget instructions on how to enter otherwise somebody may take scissors to all your hard work!
Think of all the surfaces you have to weave your letter through!  I hope you enjoy making them as much as your reader enjoys taking them apart to read.

Happy writing!
-Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment