Friday, November 11

Veteran's Day

For all of the other countries that visit today, today is our country's Veteran's day.  A day to honor the soldiers who have fought in wars.  One thing you may not know about me is that 2 of my siblings are Veterans.  I support our troops through Operation Write Home partly because a good friend of mine is deployed in Afghanistan.  But what I really, really wish for, pray for, hope for is peace.
The purple heart is a medal of valor awarded to Veterans wounded in battle.  It's one of my favorite stamps for postcrossing because it's small size, but both the medal and the stamp have been around for many years.
I hope you all have a reflective Veteran's Day!  Happy for those who made it home, hopeful for those still serving, and remembering the too many who did not make it home.
-b

2 comments: