Sunday, July 14

Make Something Monday: Security Dots

Hey guys!
Sorry for the lack in blogging, but I had extra work this week and its the start of preserving the garden!
This is an easy project but I got it stuck in my mind and until it was done, I knew it would tug at me.  You ever have that?
Gather the basics of scissors, glue, security envelopes, leftover card stock, and a circle punch - size is up to you.

Before you start laying the circles down, glue 2 strips of security envelopes down.

Then simply layer the dots.  I like the effect and I want to try it with the smaller dots.  I had tried to do a large dot, small dot but it looked bad.  I may go back to that idea but in a different layering pattern.  Anyway, I think you could apply these dots to collage envelopes or along the edge of a sheet of plain stationery.
Enjoy the ideas!
-Becky

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to try it out. It reminds me of the siding that I love on certain houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's like scalloped edges- very pretty! You always come up with such great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful!! I never thought of layering them like that... now I know what to do with all those random dots I punch (sometimes I have paper punching frenzies, it gets out of control, as you know, haha).

    ReplyDelete