Monday, February 24

Accordion Card/ Book Project

Hello all!
I have recently been obsessed with making these accordion cards.  I started a few weeks ago after my friend lost her dog of 18years as a keepsake and since then I have played with the function. 
To start I recommend you should watch this little video that I found super helpful.

The only thing I do differently is I make 2 covers. Front and Back.
 I use a thin cardboard like what you would find in the back of a box.
 A tip on which type of paper to use, you may want to fold test a corner.  If it breaks like above, you may want a different paper.
 I worked in 4inch squares because the scrapbook paper comes in 12 by 12inches and cuts down into 3 strips that fold into three 4 by 4 sections.  I find 2 connected as seen above make a good size book.
 I like to use double sided scrapbooking paper for the center papers so you have 2 sides ready to use.
 This is the front side of the card and the front panel.

 This is the flip side and I attached a ribbon under the panel.

And this is a different book all bundled and ready to go!  They look like beautiful little presents! 
I could see these being mini scrapbooks, trade books for people to add and pass, keepsakes, or for fancy letters. 
Keep creating my friends!
-b

2 comments:

  1. It does not seem to be too difficult ; I'll try!
    And congrats for the new design of the blog , very joyfull!

    ReplyDelete